TERRANOVA1 (CTBS) IS AVAILABLE THROUGH JUNE.
Not Sure Which Test(s) To Order? CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR CHART
Our helpful chart shows a side-by-side comparison of the tests we offer– including prices, grades, length of tests, practice tests, and much more!
TerraNova 1 (CTBS) is a full-length paper-and-pencil test for each grade. Testing time varies based on the number of subjects you choose to test (it is not essential to administer all 8 subjects). TerraNova grades 4 – 12 (Complete Battery or Survey) provide the following subjects: Reading/Language Arts, Mathematics, Vocabulary, Spelling, Science and Social Studies. TerraNova1 is NOT common-core aligned.
- Price of $40 (per student per test) includes shipping to you!
- No college degree required to administer test
- Computer-generated scores using updated 2005 Norms
- Complete Battery available for grades 4 -12
- Survey available for grades 4 – 12
- Please note that the publisher no longer scores the TerraNova 1 and therefore the test results will look different. National Percentiles, Stanines, & Grade Equivalents will be provided. For the Complete Battery only: the Objective Performance Scores (mastery levels) are no longer available.
ATTENTION- Customer use of TerraNova1 tests are prohibited in the state of Georgia.
About TerraNova 1 CTBS Complete Battery:
• Grades 4 – 12
• Takes approximately 3 to 5 ½ hours (can be spread over several days)
• Has more questions in each subject than the Survey
About TerraNova 1 CTBS Survey:
– Grades 4 – 12
– Approximately takes between 2 ½ – 4 hours (can be spread over a couple of days)
– Has less questions in each subject than the Complete Battery
– May be helpful for young, less-experienced or first-time test takers and may reduce test anxiety.
– May also be a better choice for a student with a shorter attention span.
Selecting the right grade level for your student:
Normally you will order the grade in which the student has been progressing during the past six months or so. For example: for a student recently starting the 4th grade, order a third grade test; for a 4th grader mid-way through the 4th grade curriculum, you would order a 4th grade test and so on.
Publisher’s Practice tests are used to acquaint students (and perhaps less experienced test examiners), with the multiple-choice question format. Additionally they can help reduce test anxiety and tension, as well as help students gain confidence in their test-taking abilities. Allow about 30 – 40 minutes to administer.
Note: Practice tests cannot be ordered without a test order.
When to order tests:
After choosing your test grade and your test week, proceed next to place your order. Order at least 2 weeks ahead of your test week. Many schools and teachers order 8 -10 weeks ahead. This assures availability of supplies and your choice of test week. No orders are taken by telephone, as a signed agreement is required.
What you will receive from us:
1. A Student Test Booklet for each grade level you ordered
2. Directions for Administering Booklet(s)
3. Answer Sheet(s) for grades 4 – 12.
4. “Suggested Testing Schedule”
5. “Step-by-Step” – our guide to help you administer the test
By the end of your test week, all test materials are returned to us for scoring– test materials are on loan to you. Test results are usually mailed to you within 1 -2 weeks.
About TerraNova 1 CTBS test results:
TerraNova 1 CTBS orders depend on Thurber’s Educational Assessments to provide a computer generated printout, using the publisher’s norming statistics (including National Percentiles, Stanines & Grade Equivalents). The TerraNova 1 (CTBS) Complete Battery student report can no longer include the Objective Performance Index (OPI)— mastery skills. The comprehensive Student Report includes norm-referenced results comparing how well each student did compared with other students in the nationally normed groups. The report includes information such as: National Percentiles, National Stanines & Grade Equivalents, in statistical and graph form.
If you want information on mastery levels within the subject (OPI), please order the “TerraNova 2″ test. Additionally, if you have a 3rd-grade student and you would like them to write answers in the book, please order the 3rd-grade “TerraNova 2″ test (publisher-scored).